Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #6: Mashups and 3rd Party sites


Wow, that was alot of fun!  I had no idea that something like Mosaic Maker was even out there.  I guess that's how they create those amazing photomosaics of an image out of thousands of similar images.  This mosaic is of my wonderful family.  I had to convince them to let me borrow some of their photos since I'm not one for always having a camera on me.  They are better with their digital cameras than I am so it works.  Can you tell that is my first grandchild?  He looks just like his daddy. I was also instructed to put pictures of my other 4-legged granddachshunds - Oscar and Chloe.  This is also the reason why I have one standing behind me in my avatar.  

I also tried out Mappr.  I didn't follow how to produce anything by reading over the website - it seemed too cluttered to understand for me.  Perhaps I need to spend some more time on it to figure out what's going on.  I don't know, you tell me if you understand Mappr.

Flickr Color Pickr is pretty neat.  I like the fact that it does all of the work for you - you just pick the color your looking for!

Overall, I'm just so amazed at how little I know about how much the internet has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Mosaic maker is a great tool; i like the collage you made with it

    ReplyDelete