Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #7: Cool Google Tools


In this task we looked into all that google has to offer.   One of the perks of having an account is being able to set up a calendar.  I set up my calendar for school because I feel that this can be a great resource for my parents who wish to be "in the know" as to what's going on in my classroom.  I can use this calendar to list my class moms for the week, when our programs are, and any kind of other Kindergarten-specific event.  I'm sure I'll have many parents appreciative for something like this - especially since many of my parents are so tech savvy!

I also like Google Docs.  If you don't have Microsoft Office on your computer, you can still create, open, and edit documents via Google Docs.  I don't have microsoft office on my personal laptop so this will come in very handy. 

One of the other items I found fun to play around with was google earth.  I thought the 3-D veiw of the earth was pretty neat.  I played around with it looking at my neighborhood and then went to the Grand Canyon!  Now it's only a matter of time before they give 360 degree tours of everyone's homes!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for using Google Calendar as a web 2.0 resource for your kindergarten parents! Since most parents in our school have access to computers and many use portable online devices, they will love this convenient communication tool.

    ReplyDelete